Friday, June 22, 2012

biggest bully on the block

We think in increments of time.
It's natural; it's how we were born.
8:48 pm. 5th day. 3rd week. 17th day. 1st month. 92nd year. 20th century.
That's me in a nutshell. Or at least that was the little me. Now I suppose I'd be 5:04 pm. 6th day. 3rd week. 22nd day. 6th month. 12th year. 21st century.

Isn't it strange though? How ingrained this is in our lives?
Clocks, programs, watches, sundials, calendars, meals, bells, schedules, alarms - there are set by time.
The universe runs with it, swings with it, dances with it - but never does it just sit it down and say "Now you be good Time, I'm going to leave for a while. Don't mess up the house while I'm gone."

What if we all just took a moment alone, away from all the pushing and shoving and ticking and tocking and said "See ya later Time! Off to hang with Eternity!"

Ah, what a good ol' 'time' that'd be...

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this! Thank you for posting! I think about time constantly. People always get mad, because I get frustrated if I don't know what time it is at all times. I do think we, as a culture, should focus on it less, though!

    ReplyDelete