Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Baptisez-moi!" dit le pingouin...

I've had an increasing desire to learn French recently. Every day it's something new - a random line in a show, a phrase in a book...today I listened to three full soundtracks via Pandora entirely in French. Didn't understand a single word that was sung, and yet I couldn't stop listening. I just can't shake the feeling that I'll need to learn this language someday.

In other news, I had a dream that I was called to the Antarctica mission the other day. My companion and I had a very exciting discussion with a family of penguins, and were even able to commit two of them to baptism after the very first discussion! Of course, that may have been just  because they enjoy swimming so much, or because I had gone to the zoo the day before, or because it was 2 in the morning and I was dreaming about penguins because I happen to like penguins...or maybe it was the snickers I ate before bed...who knows?
Well, Jesus, but I'm thinking that's a prayer he could do without.

At least the penguins weren't speaking French...

No comments:

Post a Comment