Saturday, June 25, 2011

impulse shopping

I learned a very, very valuable lesson today (well, now yesterday).
Never - EVER, go shopping with me when I am in a bad mood. I will literally try to buy everything I see.

Being female, I am prone to mood swings, and on occasion they can be pretty crazy. I know most people think I'm happy all the time - and while I do try, I still have momentary moments of weakness. I like to call them my 'shut up and eat ice cream' moments. On rare occasions I'm so desperate I turn to chocolate chips and goldfish...though, not necessarily together, or in that order. Today (at about 9:14pm) I had a moment. It was a sad moment. A very sad moment. I wont go into details, but I was having technical difficulties, and being the girl albeit very childish me that I am, I threw a fit. Luckily the fit was mostly on the inside (mental punches to the head that rendered me speechless for sometime), so no small children were harmed in the making of this breakdown. Unluckily for me, however, I have recently entered into 'sugar-free' negotiations with my mother (we're not even touching sweets until Sam's wedding), so I was unable to turn to my trusted friend, Mr. Ice Cream. Instead I turned to my not-so-trusted brother Paul, and my very-much-trusted friend Aubrey.
After much driving around and talking to a few nerdy (yet attractive) men, my problem seemed to be solved. They sold me the device that would fix my mishap - and for only $13! - but I was still in such a weird mood that they probably could have handed me the same object and told me it was $30, and I still would have bought it. As I walked out of the store I almost stopped to buy other pointless items, including a Justin Bieber Poster, dangley ear rings, and a Harry Potter sticker book. We stopped at Broulim's before returning home to buy some fruit for a smoothie. I walked out of Broulim's with fruit, humas, yogurt, new plates, tp, some biodegradable tupperware, Q-tips and a new blender. I almost bought a bridal magazine and a pack of bobby pins while waiting in line, but was able to restrain myself.

It is now 1 am, and I am still in a very weird mood. The smoothie was great, and I love my new blender, but I think I may have felt better if I had bought the sticker book and bridal magazine. Better yet - a sticker bridal book. A Justin Bieber sticker bridal book! Do they even make those? That would be awesome.

Woah. The girl spending the night on our couch is already asleep! Crazy! She just got here like 10 minutes ago! I wish I fell asleep that fast...and now I'm just stalling, cause I don't want to go to bed, and I know I'll need to when I end this post.

Ugh - Goodnight world. Thanks for still turning - I appreciate the gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment