Friday, June 17, 2011

why I should never think aloud

It's been a long time since I've kept a steady blog. A lot can happen in a long time. At least, that's what losers want you to think. Cause really, in the grand scheme of things, time is irrelevant, so I guess it wont matter how many times the earth has rotated around the sun since my last post. In eternity this'll just be a hiccup in 'time'. Maybe we should just say a moment. This will be a moment in the universe. The moment when Madeline Powell sat down and began writing. And in that moment, you'll realize you could have found plenty of other worthwhile things to do, rather than read this, but you chose to read this anyway because you, my dear friend, are awesome.

And who knows, maybe it'll help me find sanity. Or insanity. I guess I'm okay with either. Writing always seems to help me sort out my thoughts...well, really all it does is let me look at them on paper instead of in my head - and while they still look as insane in ink form as they do in dream form, it does keep me from squinting a lot, lost in thought, having to answer inquisitive queries about my mental sanity. It's easier to delete blog posts, or throw away heaps of paper, than it is to delete ideas from the brain. Unfortunately once you've come up with an insane thought, it likes to hang around for a while. Usually by the time you can get rid of it you've done a whole slew of things you wish you hadn't. Or you're holding a bowl of ice cream and an 'A' paper, and you realize you should have insane thoughts more often.

Ain't life a crazy little conundrum?

Ah, but we love it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment