Wednesday, March 7, 2012

For the record...I don't care.

I don't care if people are only 'trending' with this whole Kony 2012 thing. Just like I don’t care if people only ‘go green’ because it’s cool, or help out a charity to ‘look cool’, or donate blood for the free shirt.
Help is help, no matter what the motives are behind it.
So what if global warming turns out to be a myth? So what if there’s some secret conspiracy behind the people selling energy efficient light bulbs? So what if it turns out only 25% of your donation went straight to solving the problem, and the rest was spent on making your shirt?
I DON’T CARE. You can complain all you want, but I will keep donating to charities, I will keep buying Toms at full price, and on April 20th, I will go out and hang posters with all the other crazy volunteers - because there is no such thing as a ‘bandwagon’ when it comes to making the world a better place.
I don't care who's behind the promoting, I don't care who's behind the work, and I don't care who's simply pushing 'share' on a link.
Even if there's only a 1 in 10000 chance of saving a life, or helping the earth - I'm taking that chance.
It's better than doing nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment