Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I suppose I'll join in the posting...

My family and I sat around the tv last night and watched the results come in together. Before the outcome of Ohio was definite, we turned it off, kneeled around the couch, and said a prayer for our next President - that he and his councilors would be blessed to know how best to lead this country. Then we turned the tv back on and waited.

As soon as it was a sure win for President Obama, we turned off the TV, said goodnight, and went to bed. Well...most people went to bed - I went back to my Harry Potter book.

But I digress...


If there is one person in whom I have absolute trust, it is my Heavenly Father. I knew even before I filled out my ballot that no matter who was at the head of this country, so long as I was here, and so long as I put my faith in Him, everything would be alright.

Who I voted for, whether it was Obama or it was Mitt Romney, does not matter. Who my family voted for does not matter. I purposefully did not post online who I, or anyone else in my family supported in this election.

All that matters it that I believe in this country and what it stands for. I believe in the Constitution, in the 3 branches that do their best to uphold it, and in the people of America who will never let this country fall.

For those who are upset in the outcome of last night - please take faith in the knowledge that you still have your freedom. You still have your liberty. You even have the right to express your distaste, should you wish, and the right to either move on, or do something about it in 4 years by voting again. You could even run yourself, should you wish.

If you really have concern for the President, do your best to help him in the years to come, instead of abandoning a man who has undoubtedly done only what he thinks is best for this country.

I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to join in the election process this year, and look forward to the chance I have of helping this nation grow, by supporting President Obama and all the American people in the years to come.



For those who might be interested, this is an official statement made by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, of which I am a member and will shortly be serving a mission for:
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/statement-on-election-result



No comments:

Post a Comment