Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Not in Nottingham

One of the greatest things about life is that it is continually offering up new things at which to smile. There is never a shortage of wonderfulness in this world, though at times it may seem more difficult to find...

Today I had the privileged of spending the entire day at home, with no real duties to uphold. Of course, there was plenty I ought to have done, and while I did not - the few that actually did happened happened because I wanted them to be done, and not because they had to be. There is something beautiful about a day so relaxed. It's one of those days you just want to blog about...
But I'm not going to.
Since most of it involves sitting on a couch.
Instead I shall tell you of the smiles life gave me during this couch-sitting day! Or rather I shall post about them, and let you do the telling and smiling for yourself.


 

A Little Princess and The Secret Garden - both by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Read them, and then you'll understand.





This video... ^



And this video... ^


I also watched the latest Bones episode this morning while working on a Christmas project...and sometimes the best smiles come after a good cry, which is definitely what this episode had me doing. With Veteran's Day behind us, a 9/11 theme was only fitting, and also very emotional. But I think the best and most truthful emotions come out in fiction, don't you? It offers up questions reality cannot ask - and helps us discover things we sometimes wish we had never found.
Today fiction led me to a whole slew of discoveries that I'm very glad I found, however, and as cheesy as it sounds - I scooped up those smiles and saved them for a rainy day!
Ha.
You can tell I was reading children's literature today.

In other news... No white envelope in the mail yet :(
But that's okay - I suppose my owl just missed the morning post. It was probably that left turn at Albuquerque...

No comments:

Post a Comment