Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happiness is...

I may not always be happy, but when I am there's usually Reeses involved. Or Ice Cream (which, yes, does deserved to be capitalized). Or just any sugary treat in general. Quite honestly, I believe I will always be happy so long as there is something to munch on in this world, because Happiness is something that I cherish - just like food.
But I cannot for the life of me understand it.
It is as fleeting as the Reeses I have so heartily enjoyed.
One second, they are being delightfully enjoyed!
The next, they are hopelessly lost somewhere in the depressing confines of your digestive system.
But the lingering joy of what you have just experience can sometimes linger for a moment or two - and those moments are usually rather nice.

Sure, you could argue that I have no authority to speak about such things...that my life has been practically perfect in every way...
And you would be right.
But only because I really really like chocolate.

I would like to point out - however - that like Reeses, all packages of happiness are wrapped in the same golden foil. and that also like Reeses, taking off that foiled wrapping (as is the usual custom with candy) tends to unlock that happiness.

Sure some of us are luckier than others. We get the stars on our lollipop wrappers, and the double lined chocolate sweets. I even got a triple lined one today. But really the chocolate will taste just about as good as you mind makes it up to be. I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln said that once. Word for word.


Really, what I'm trying to say is - we should just smile more.


And girls - when you are sad from time to time, as usually happens from being female - just blame the Dementors.
They're ugly and have no soul anyway - so they wont mind.

2 comments:

  1. Dementors have lots of souls. They're just in the depressing confines of their digestive tract.

    ReplyDelete